This focus on this week’s podcast was more on the business side of things; talking about licenses for creative work and relating that to crowdfunded projects. And I end the episode with a direct question to you because, well… I’m not sure what I think about it. This one went a little long and got a little bit rambly. Sorry about that.
Some of the things covered in this episode:
- Inktober – 31 ink drawings in 31 days through the month of October. I think I might be doing this one.
- Calibre 2.3 – I mis-stated the release number on this. It’s 2.3. Oops.
- Updated Videos module for Gnome 3.14 – If you use Gnome, this should be a pleasant update
- Elephants Dream on Netflix? – Can anyone confirm this one for me? I haven’t had time to check.
- Gameification on CG Cookie – Gameify your learning
- Mojang/Minecraft bought by Microsoft – Not exactly open source related, but the Minecraft modding community uses a lot of open source software.
Also, as you listen to me rambling on and on about licensing in this episode, it’s worth remembering that I’ve released every episode in this podcast under a Creative Commons license. So… yeah.