A pretty short [and kind of late] episode this week as my commute has been a bit different. I was traveling for work to a much different kind of conference than the one I talked about in last episode… though there were still a very high population of artists and designers at this one, so that was refreshing. In any case, I talk in this episode about building, developing, and maintaining creativity by doing something (anything) creative each and every day. And, at the end of the episode, I issue a challenge out to you! Let’s see how many of you take me up on it.
Below are a few of the things I cover in the show:
- Inkcape 0.91’s About Screen contest – Deadline is 1 October 2014. Get to work!
- Blendermada – A pretty cool online materials library for Blender, accessible with an add-on
- Urecord – An open source audio recording app for Android (more on this in a bit)
- Axiom Beta’s crowdfunding launch – A crowdfunding effort on Indiegogo for a super-cool open source modular cinema camera
- 30 day modeling challenge on BlenderArtists.org – The 30 day modeling challenge that thusfar has formed the bulk of my content on this site’s blog
Incidentally, I recorded this podcast using Urecord (as mentioned above). Generally speaking, I’m quite pleased with it. The only drawbacks that I’ve seen with it is that the highest sample rate it can record at is 44.1 kHz and there’s no way to adjust the input gain on the mic. The former isn’t a huge deal (it’s still CD quality, after all), but the latter has me a bit concerned. It worked pretty well for picking up my voice in an empty hotel room, but I’m worried that if I use it in my car while driving, it’s not going to fully fit the bill. Maybe it will, though. We’ll see on the next episode.